Override URL/ Embed Code for Moosend
Generate URL and embed code for your images and videos that are compatible with Moosend and directly plug them into the Email builder on the Moosend platform.
For our demonstration, we are sharing a personalised image in an email that hyperlinks to a video landing page.
Let’s begin by creating a new campaign. If you are new to creating Nexweave campaigns, you can have a look out our campaign documentation here
Configure a new campaign
- Start by navigating to Campaigns and click on Create New Campaign.
- Set the Campaign Name and select the Campaign Type. You can read more about the available campaign types here. Since we aim to use both Image and Video templates as a part of our campaign, we selected the campaign type as Image + Video. However, you may choose either Image or Video campaigns, based on your preferences.
3. Next select the Image and Video templates you would like to employ for this campaign.
For our demonstration we have selected:
- Image template : Welcome Message - Play
- Video template : Welcome to the family
- Video thumbnail : Welcome Message - Play
4. Select your either default or custom landing page URL and click on Save and Proceed to continue.
Now let’s proceed to setting up the activation method.
Setting the Activation Method
- Start by selecting the Activation Method from the drop down. Here, select URL Override Campaign.
- You will then be prompted to enter the Fallback values for the Nexweave variables being used in the selected templates. Click on Save to confirm the fallback values
Once you Save the Campaign, you can also Preview the Image and Video templates selected.
3. Click on Launch Campaign. This will then enable you to generate embed codes for the image and video.
4. Once you launch, click on Get Embed Code to open the modal. Select the integration platform as Moosend. Then map each of the Nexweave variables with the corresponding Moosend variables by selecting them from the dropdown.
In case the variable list does not contain an appropriate match, you can also create your own variable from within the dropdown.
Click on Generate Embed code to get the email embed code compatible with the Moosend platform
Now let’s move to Moosend, to create a campaign
Create a Moosend Campaign
- Start by logging into your Moosend Account.
- Before proceeding with the campaign, you must ensure that you have a valid Mailing list active within Moosend. You can learn how to create and manage Moosend Mailing lists here
- Click on Campaigns on the left navigation bar, and select Create New Campaign.
4. Then, select a Campaign Type from the list. For our demonstration, we have selected a Regular Campaign
5. Next, under Campaign settings enter the required campaign details including the campaign name, Sender Email, subject etc.
Wherever available, you can click on # to add personalisation to the text. Click on Next to continue.
6. Then, you will be prompted to select your Mailing List. Check the corresponding box against the mailing list of your choice.
7. Once confirmed, select the campaign format as HTML and Plain Text. Click on Next to continue.
8. To create the email layout, click on Take me to the Editor. You may also choose to use one of the existing email templates.
9. Within the editor, first drag and drop the desired structure and then drag and drop the desired element block onto the email body
For our demonstration, we have selected the Full Width Container structure and will be adding the Text element to it.
To add personalisation variables to the text, click on Personalisation within the Text editor and select the desired variable from the dropdown
10. Next, to add the personalised image to the email, once again add the Full width container structure to the email template. Now select the Element - HTML
In the HTML block that appears, copy the embed code generated on the Nexweave platform and paste within the Moosend Email editor
Please note : In the Preview mode, you may not be able to see the image, however the same will be reflected once you send it over an email.
Click on Update Campaign & Continue to continue.
11. You can then choose to send a test email to upto 5 email addresses,if you wish to
12. Next, Navigate to Schedule Delivery and select whether you would like to Send Now or schedule for a later time. For our demonstration, we have selected Send Now. Click on Next to continue
13. Finally, under Snapshot verify the campaign details.
14. Once confirmed click on Send to complete the campaign!
15. Here’s a quick preview of what the recipient’s see at their end: