Bulk links (CSV Method) for Moosend
Create a CSV containing all your audience information and generate unique links for Nexweave media for each row of information. Import this CSV to Moosend to share personalised and interactive content at scale, in just a few clicks!
For our demonstration, we are sharing a personalised image in an email that hyperlinks to a video landing page.
Let’s begin by creating a new campaign. If you are new to creating Nexweave campaigns, you can have a look out our campaign documentation here
- Start by navigating to Campaigns and click on Create New Campaign.
- Set the Campaign Name and select the Campaign Type. You can read more about the available campaign types here. Since we aim to use both Image and Video templates as a part of our campaign, we selected the campaign type as Image + Video. However, you may choose either Image or Video campaigns, based on your preferences.
3. Next select the Image and Video templates you would like to employ for this campaign.
For our demonstration we have selected:
- Image template : Welcome Message - Play
- Video template : Welcome to the family
- Video thumbnail : Welcome Message - Play
4. Select your either default or custom landing page URL and click on Save and Proceed to continue.
Now let’s proceed to setting up the activation method.
- Start by selecting the Activation Method from the dropdown. For a CSV Campaign, select Bulk Link Campaign.
- Then click on Download CSV Template. This will download a template containing all the variables as column headers in the sheet.
- Populate this CSV template with user data and save it to your files. Please note: If your variables do not include Email, you will need to add that as a CSV column header manually
4. Next, click on Upload CSV and select the populated CSV created in the previous step. You can click to preview the image and video templates selected, if you wish to
5. Once done, click on Generate Links to create unique links for each row.
6. Finally, click on Download links to download the CSV sheet with Nexweave media links included.
You can also click on Embed code to view the Image embed code for email and the video landing page embed code.
Let’s move to Moosend to setup a Contact List
- Start by logging in to your Moosend account.
- Navigate to Mailing List and click on Create New List. Here you will be prompted to enter a list name and then click on Save.
3. Since we will be importing the Nexweave CSV, that contains the Image and video URLs in additional columns, we need to add additional custom fields that can be mapped to these column headers.
Click on Custom Fields and the select Add New Custom Field.
Enter the field name and type and set it to Required. Click on Save Custom field to complete.
4. Next, click on Import Members. Select the Import method as CSV/ TXT file and select the CSV file downloaded from Nexweave in the steps above.
Once the file is uploaded, you will prompted to map the columns with the corresponding Moosend fields.
You will be able to view a completion report on the Import members page
Once your contacts are successfully setup, proceed with setting up a Moosend Campaign
- Click on Campaigns and select Create New Campaigns to launch the process.
- You will then be prompted to select a Campaign type. Here, select Regular Campaign and click on Create.
3. Next, under Campaign settings enter the required campaign details including the campaign name, Sender Email, subject etc.
Wherever available, you can click on # to add personalisation to the text. Click on Next to continue.
4. You will then be directed to select your Mailing list. Here, select the Mailing list that was created using the CSV sheet downloaded from Nexweave.
5. Once confirmed, select the campaign format as HTML and Plain Text. Click on Next to continue.
6. To create the email layout, click on Take me to the Editor. You may also choose to use one of the existing email templates.
7. Within the editor, first drag and drop the desired structure and then drag and drop the desired element block onto the email body.
For our demonstration, we have selected the Full Width Container structure and will be adding the Text element to it.
To add personalization variables to the text, click on Personalisation within the Text editor and select the desired variable from the dropdown
8. Next, to add the personalised image to the email, once again add the Full width container structure to the email template. Now select the Element - HTML
In the HTML block that appears, copy and paste the code :
<a href="#recipient:videolink| fallback#"> <img src="#recipient:imagelink| fallback#" width="100%"> </a>
- #recipient:videolink| fallback# is the variable field we created to map with the Video URLs in the CSV file
- #recipient:imagelink| fallback# is the variable field we created to map with the Image URLs in the CSV file
You may replace these fields with the custom fields you created and mapped at your end
Please note : In the Preview mode, you may not be able to see the image, however the same will be reflected once you send it over an email.
Click on Update Campaign & Continue to continue.
9. You can then choose to send a test email to upto 5 email addresses,if you wish to
10. Next, Navigate to Schedule Delivery and select whether you would like to Send Now or schedule for a later time. Click on Next to continue
11. Finally, under Snapshot verify the campaign details. Once confirmed click on Send to complete the campaign!
Here’s a quick preview of what the recipients see at their end: