Create a CSV containing all your audience information and generate unique links for Nexweave media for each row of information. Import this CSV to Platform.ly to share personalised and interactive content at scale, in just a few clicks!
For our demonstration, we are sharing a personalised image in an email that hyperlinks to a video landing page.
Let’s begin by creating a new campaign. If you are new to creating Nexweave campaigns, you can have a look out our campaign documentation here
Configure a new campaign
- Start by navigating to Campaigns and click on Create New Campaign.
- Set the Campaign Name and select the Campaign Type. You can read more about the available campaign types here. Since we aim to use both Image and Video templates as a part of our campaign, we selected the campaign type as Image + Video. However, you may choose either Image or Video campaigns, based on your preferences.
3. Next select the Image and Video templates you would like to employ for this campaign.
For our demonstration we have selected:
- Image template : Welcome Message - Play
- Video template : Welcome to the family
- Video thumbnail : Welcome Message - Play
4. Select your either default or custom landing page URL and click on Save and Proceed to continue.
Now let’s proceed to setting up the activation method.
Setting the Activation Method
- Start by selecting the Activation Method from the dropdown. For a CSV Campaign, select Bulk Link Campaign.
- Then click on Download CSV Template. This will download a template containing all the variables as column headers in the sheet.
- Populate this CSV template with user data and save it to your files. Add an additional Column for the Create Date of the contact. This is a required field for Platform.ly Please note: If your variables do not include Email, you will need to add that as a CSV column header manually
4. Next, click on Upload CSV and select the populated CSV created in the previous step. You can click to preview the image and video templates selected, if you wish to
5. Once done, click on Generate Links to create unique links for each row.
6. Finally, click on Download links to download the CSV sheet with Nexweave media links included.
You can also click on Embed code to view the Image embed code for email and the video landing page embed code.
Upload Contacts to Platform.ly
- Start by logging into you Platform.ly account
- Before you Upload a contact list, review and add custom contact fields into the Platform.ly CRM. This is done because we will be importing the CSV file containing the audience information and personalised Nexweave image and video links. These custom fields will capture the media links Click on CRM and navigate to Custom fields
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to add a new custom field and select the project you would like to add this field to.
- Then click on the + icon again to enter the field details. Set the field Name, Description and the section where the field should be visible. Set the Field Type as URL
In our demonstration, we have set the field names:
Be sure to make a note the field alias of the created custom fields
5. Proceed to importing contacts. Click on CRM and navigate to Contacts.
6. Click on the + icon to add a new contact list and select Import.
7. Answer the Provider and Consent Questions and click on Upload CSV
Select the file that was downloaded from Nexweave during the Campaign process, containing audience information and personalised image and video links. Click on Upload CSV file to continue
8. Next, map the columns of the CSV file with the corresponding Platform.ly fields (including the custom fields we created above)
In our demonstration we have mapped:
- USERNAME : First name
- EMAIL : Email
- CREATE DATE : Created Date
- Links : Videolinks
- Imagelinks : Imagelinks
9. Set an uploading rule. Assign the contact list to a project and segment/ tag
10. Set the Update Behavior as per your preference. Click on Import to complete this process
11. Your import result report will show the status of the import, audience detail and errors, if any.
Create a Platform.ly Email
- To create a new email, click on Messages and navigate to Save a New Email
- Enter the Email Name.
- Type in the Subject and email body. To add personalisation, you can view and select the variables from the list adjacent to the subject line.
4. To add the personalised image to the email body, click on ‘<>’ to open the HTML Editor.
In the HTML editor, copy and paste the following snippet:
<a href="[cf_videolinks_2424]"> <img src="[cf_imagelinks_2423]" width="70%"> </a>
- [cf_videolinks_2424] is the variable field we created to map with the Video URLs in the CSV file
- [cf_imagelinks_2423] is the variable field we created to map with the Image URLs in the CSV file
You may replace these fields with the custom fields you created and mapped at your end
5. Select a Sender profile. You can also choose to send a test email from here.
Click on Save Email to complete the email creation process.
6. Click on Messages and navigate to Messages & Stats to view all your saved emails
7. Click on the Action icon corresponding to the email you created in the steps above, and select Send Email
8. Choose the email you want to send and set a broadcast name
9. Select the contact list for the email.
In our demonstration, we have selected the audience in the same segment as we had defined when importing the Nexweave CSV to Platform.ly
10. You can review and edit the Email subject and body Please note : In the Preview mode, you may not be able to see the image, however the same will be reflected once you send it over an email.
11. Set your Broadcast time and Date. In our demonstration, we have set it to immediately
Click on Save Email & Send to complete!
12. Once Sent from your end, your message will be under ‘Manual Review’ by Platform.ly for a few minutes
Once their review is complete, the status will be changed to completed and your personalised emails will be on their way to impress your audience!