Elastic Mail Integration
Generate URL and embed code for your personalized image and video that are compatible with Elastic Mail and directly plug them into the Email builder using the URL override method.
Here are the steps to be followed:
Create and Configure a New Campaign
- We need to begin by creating a campaign. In the Campaigns section, click on Create New Campaigns.
- Configure the Campaign by mentioning: The next step would be to configure the campaign by mentioning the following details:
- Name of the Campaign: Add a name to the campaign so that you can reference it later.
- Type of Campaign: For the purpose of emails, we can create two types of campaigns. For the purpose of documentation, we are using the type ‘IMAGE+VIDEO’ to demonstrate.
- ‘IMAGE’ type if we wish to include just a personalized image in the email.
- ‘IMAGE + VIDEO’ if you would like to include a personalized image in the email that hyperlinks to a personalized video/video landing page.
- Templates to be used in the campaign: Mention the templates to be used as a part of the campaign. In this case, we would need to mention the template for the video, the thumbnail for the video (Optional) and the image to be embedded in the email body.
- Landing Page URL: You can set the landing page as a Default landing page OR as a Custom landing page where you would need to include the Landing page embed code to view the personalized videos within the landing page.
- Once we would need to complete the configuration steps, we would need to proceed to activate the campaign by first selecting the Campaign Type. In this case, we have selected the URL Override campaign method. In this method, we need to mention the fallback value of the variables used in the campaign and then click on Save.
2. You can preview the image and video experiences once the campaign is saved and proceed to Launch Campaign.
3. Once the campaign is launched, click on Get Embed Code to open the modal. Select the integration platform as Elastic Email. Then map each of the Nexweave variables with the corresponding Elastic Email by selecting them from the dropdown. In case the variable list does not contain an appropriate match, you can also create your own variable from within the dropdown.
(NOTE: If you intend to show the personalized video on a white-labeled URL or a custom landing page, then you would need to also embed the Landing Page Embed Code on your page.)
Setup Elastic Email Campaign
- As the next step, you would need to log into your Elastic Email account and Click Create Campaign from the campaign section and select Raw HTML as a subject/content type.
2. For the purpose of our campaign, We would be using the custom fields in this method for personalization. Let’s start by typing in the basic email body and paste Email Embed Code.
3. Here is how the email would appear when your user will receive it.