Active Campaign Integration
Using the URL Override method, you can generate URLs and/or embed codes for use with Active Campaign. Once the campaign has been activated, you will get an option to request the email embed code that would work with ActiveCampaign to send emails.
Here are the steps to be followed:
Create and Configure a New Campaign
We can begin by creating a campaign. To do so, navigate to the Campaigns section and click on Create New Campaign.
The next step would be to configure the campaign by mentioning the following details:
- Name of the Campaign: Add a name to the campaign so that you can reference it later
- Type of Campaign: For the purpose of emails, we can create two types of campaigns
- ‘IMAGE’ type if we wish to include just a personalized image in the email.
- ‘IMAGE + VIDEO’ if you would like to include a personalized image in the email that hyperlinks to a personalized video/video landing page.
For the purpose of documentation, we are using the type ‘IMAGE+VIDEO’ to demonstrate.
- Templates to be used in the campaign: Mention the templates to be used as a part of the campaign. In this case, we would need to mention the template for the video, the thumbnail for the video (Optional) and the image to be embedded in the email body.
- Landing Page URL: You can set the landing page as a Default landing page OR as a Custom landing page where you would need to include the Landing page embed code to view the personalized videos within the landing page.
Once configuration steps are completed, we would need to activate the campaign. This can be done by following these steps -
Selecting the Campaign Type. There are multiple campaign types that you can choose from
- Bulk Link Campaign
- URL Override Campaign
We have selected the URL Override Campaign method for the purpose of demonstration. In this method, we need to mention the fallback value of the variables used in the campaign and then click on Save.
(NOTE: The reason for selecting the fallback value is to allow users to skip some variables in the future by setting a fixed value from them, also called fallback value.)
Once the campaign is saved, you can preview the image and video experiences to be sure and proceed to Launch Campaign.
Get Embed Code button would appear when you launch the campaign. Click on this button and select the integration platform as ActiveCampaign.
- Map each of the Nexweave variables with the corresponding ActiveCampaign variables by selecting them from the dropdown.
- In case the variable list does not contain an appropriate match, you can also create your own variable from within the dropdown.
(NOTE: If you intend to show the personalized video on a white-labeled URL or a custom landing page, then you would need to also embed the Landing Page Embed Code on your page.)
As the next step, you would need to log into your ActiveCampaign account and select Create a Campaign from the Campaign section. Give a Name to your campaign Select a Campaign Type. For the purpose of this demonstration, we have selected Standard Method.
Click Next to move to the next step and select the Contact list. Select the appropriate template for your campaign and click continue to enter Sender’s Details.
In the email editor, start by typing in the basic email body and add an HTML Block. Paste the email embed code that you copied from the Nexweave in the HTML block and click Save to proceed.
Validate the Information in the Campaign Summary section. Click Send Now to complete the process.
Here is how the email would appear when you receive it.
When you click on the image in the email, it will take you to the video/video landing page and you will see a video with a thumbnail & video like this.