Override URL/ Embed Code for PersistIQ
Generate URL and embed code for your images and videos that are compatible with PersistIQ and directly plug them into the Email builder on the PersistIQ platform.
For our demonstration, we are sharing a personalised image in an email that hyperlinks to a video landing page.
Let’s begin by creating a new campaign. If you are new to creating Nexweave campaigns, you can have a look out our campaign documentation here
Configure a new campaign
- Start by navigating to Campaigns and click on Create New Campaign.
- Set the Campaign Name and select the Campaign Type. You can read more about the available campaign types here. Since we aim to use both Image and Video templates as a part of our campaign, we selected the campaign type as Image + Video. However, you may choose either Image or Video campaigns, based on your preferences.
3. Next select the Image and Video templates you would like to employ for this campaign.
For our demonstration we have selected:
- Image template : Welcome Message - Play
- Video template : Welcome to the family
- Video thumbnail : Welcome Message - Play
4. Select your either default or custom landing page URL and click on Save and Proceed to continue.
Now let’s proceed to setting up the activation method.
Setting the Activation Method
- Start by selecting the Activation Method from the drop down. Here, select URL Override Campaign.
- You will then be prompted to enter the Fallback values for the Nexweave variables being used in the selected templates. Click on Save to confirm the fallback values
Once you Save the Campaign, you can also Preview the Image and Video templates selected.
3. Click on Launch Campaign. This will then enable you to generate embed codes for the image and video.
4. Once you launch, click on Get Embed Code to open the modal. Select the integration platform as PersistIQ. Then map each of the Nexweave variables with the corresponding PersistIQ variables by selecting them from the dropdown.
In case the variable list does not contain an appropriate match, you can also create your own variable from within the dropdown.
5. Click on Generate Embed code to get the email embed code compatible with the PersistIQ platform
Now let’s move to PersistIQ, to create a campaign
Create a PersistIQ Campaign
- Log in to your PersistIQ Account.
- Before you proceed with creating a campaign, ensure that you have an active prospect list within PersistIQ. If you do not have any prospects in this list, or would like to add/ update prospects’ information, you can find guides and tutorials on managing prospect lists on PersistIQ’s help centre
- Navigate to Campaigns. Click on New Campaign to start the process.
2. Set the Campaign name in the modal that appears. Click on Save to continue.
3. Click on Add Step and select Email. This will launch the email editor.
4. Add text to the email body. To add personalisation variables, click on Variables and select the field you want to add.
5. Next, to add the personalised image to the email, click on <> to open the HTML editor
In the HTML block that appears, copy the embed code generated on the Nexweave platform and paste within the PersistIQ Email editor
Please note : In the Preview mode, you may not be able to see the image, however the same will be reflected once you send it over an email.
6. Click on Save on the Email editor to save the email template created.
7. Once the email is saved, you can click on Send Test if you wish to send a test email.
8. Click on Add prospects, to select the contact list to share this email with.
9. Check the boxes against the prospects you want to send this email to and click on Add to Campaign to confirm
10. Once you confirm your prospects, you will be redirected back to the campaign summary. Here click on Review Emails
11. In the review screen, you can view errors in the email, if any and get a preview of what the recipients will see at their end. For our demonstration, since we have hyperlinked the image in email to a video landing page. We can also click on the image to preview the personalised video.
12. Once you have reviewed your email, click on Send All to complete the process.
Your Nexweave personalised images and videos will be on their way to impress your audience!